My Photo
Name:
Location: Montana, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

10 Things I love

And they just haven't been mentioned (enough) yet. . .

1. Rob Bell and Narrative Theology (oo, that's a two-fer!) and the Emergent church (a trio!)
2. Bones
3. Youtube, okay another one
4. John Campbell's web-comic
5. Young Adult Fantasy Literature
6. Stylized Prose
7. Stale Oreos (w/ milk)
8. Procrastinating
9. Using parentheses in non-academic writing
10. Writing scholarly papers that aren't required for class
(Paper on the po-mo, self-reflexive nature of contemporary stand-up comedy, some day I will write you!)

You should all try these things on for size. Well, I understand if you aren't interested in some things, like--say--the stale oreos.

Stay strong in the struggle. blah blah woof woof. ~ LAR

Bonus blog alert! Television shows I will be watching this season. In the order of how much I care:

1. Bones
2. Studio 60
3. Ugly Betty

For those of you who haven't caught on yet, I seem to have reached the point where I feel the need to reach out to as many people as I possibly can (hence the sudden increase in blogging). In other words, grad school has forced me to seek the companionship of html coding & 1's and 0's because I really do want to avoid work that much! THAT much!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Woolfian Feminist said...

Yes... I will steer clear of the stale oreos.... but I can definitely see the attraction of other things on the list... like UTube... I'm gonna get me some of that... some day... Oh, to assist you in your procrastination... read the fruits of my procrastination on my blog... I wrote a really long post on how much I loved the film "by hook or by crook"... so add that to your Netflix queue...

11:26 PM  
Blogger Woolfian Feminist said...

Never mind! You hath beaten me to the punch by going to my blog and reading it and commenting on it... And yes, Joan Jett is awesome! Ditto to your Woo-hoo! And to think that concert was only last week!?! Time flies... you don't even have to be having fun...

11:31 PM  
Blogger EBarney said...

Hah, I've converted you to TV too..

And great photo, Laura! I just bought a book of photographic portraits from the NPG in London and it has that one on the cover. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger LRuggiero_temp said...

I think the escapism just comes in so handy. Also, I'm watching Dark Angel again! :) It makes me want to watch NCIS again, though I completely missed last year (bc Logan is in it).

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home