My Photo
Name:
Location: Montana, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

Done Duh-Duh-Done.

Of course I finished HP 6 more than a week ago, but I've been distracted by a rigorous week with Sarah that constituted (maybe) her parents getting a little bit jealous of me (wink, wink), but some Buffy watching (up to the return of Aneglus) which was great.
So Coye seems to think (according to his comment) that I need a new hobby. So I broke out the old sketch pad and started to work on something. He--no surprise--suggested drinking, which I do casually, but the whole thing is, if I have to choose between getting minutely sloshed and being sucked into character development, I'm gonna choose The Story every time, (unless I'm too depressed about what's going on in The Story).
I'd like to give a shout-out to Luke Schoenrock. I'll email back as soon as I feel funny and clever again, k Luke?
But now I have HP 6 to relate, then sometime soon I'm gonna have a good ole fashioned blog that constitutes clever words and interesting conceptual edges.


HARRY POTTER SPOILERS -- HARRY POTTER SPOILERS -- HARRY POTTER SPOILERS

I agree with Sarah that Snape is good. One of her friends thinks that Snape made an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore about keeping Harry safe, which I'm totally into. I agree that Dumbledore knew he would have to die in order for Harry to reach his full potential (that whole dying for Harry bc of love thing). AD's "Please, Severus." moment can be taken as either him pleading for his life (which really isn't anything like Dumbledore's style) or hoping that Snape will kill him so that Snape can go on protecting Harry (bc of the whole U.Vow with Draco's mom). At this point, I think Snape is the only one who can face the Dark Lord with Harry. Snape "is an accomplished Occlumens" as anyone who read the book noticed (bc it was repeated constantly), so there is a chance that he can defeat Voldemort in that way. But, we won't know for sure about Snape until the very last moments of the climax of the 7th book, of course. Damn you, Rowling!
The first thing I thought about when Harry discovered the Horcruxes was that Harry would be the final Horcrux that needed to be destroyed, not the snake, which freaked me out a little (even though I'm kind of on the boat that Harry may die, though I'm going back on that now). I don't know how that'll work what with Voldemort not being able to possess Harry bc of love, but. . . (shrug)
No vampires except the S-guy (big frowny face). Well, at least Draco isn't entirely evil, bc he couldn't kill AD, BUT that says nothing for what he's capable of doing to Harry.
Oh, Dumbledore's "white bird" that flew away from the white tomb at the funeral--I really want it to be a Pheonix and I really want it to be Harry's. The way I see it, Harry needs a Pheonix next book, whether or not it's Fawkes/Dumbledore in Pheonix form.
The Seventh book is gonna be great. I mean, it just will.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Prufroquette said...

OOOOOOO, LEIGH ANN, GOOD PICTURE. Now all I want to do is watch Buffy. (Frowny face.) Angel, Angel, Angel.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home