My Photo
Name:
Location: Montana, United States

Thursday, July 14, 2005

There's Something About Harry

With the release of Book 6 on the horizon, I couldn't resist relaying some of my own thoughts/predictions of the Harry Potter saga post Book 5 (which I'm rapidly trying to reread before tonight). There are rumors and theories galore on the net, I just decided to add my 2 cents. Also, I'm making note of things to "keep an eye out for" in Book 6.
**Spoilers** if anyone is planning on reading Book 5 at any point in time and hasn't yet OR wants to see the fifth movie without too much ruined.
1. Sirius Black--I know he's "dead," but I bet he's not. What I mean is, I wouldn't put it past Voldemort to begin ressurrecting or possessing already-dead good guys. The description of Sirius "going beyond the veil" is tres vague. Of course, Rowling (<-- coolest website ever) was trying to recreate an old metaphor for death here. Maybe Sirius or James/Lily will reappear in incorporeal forms (hey, it's happened before). 2. Snape--Like I wrote previously, I feel like there are loads of hints pointing to him being a vampire. More specifically, he's probably a vampire/wizard half-breed. Either way, he is good good good in my opinion. He's been my fave ever since they found out he was helping Harry in the first book (during the Quidditch match). Hermione's finally taking a shine to him, and come on "Snape's Worst Memory" = best revelation that we all knew was there but never had tangible proof for until the penseive moment.

3. Harry's connection with Voldemort--is totally a metaphor for being a teenager. Just listen to this, "Nowadays, [Harry's] scar hardly ever stopped prickling, and he often felt lurches ofannoyance or cheerfulness that were unrelated to what was happening to him at the time" --"The Beetle At Bay," Order of the Pheonix

4. The Half-Blood Prince--ok, here are the candidates: Dumbledore, Harry, Hagrid, Grawp (Oh please no), Voldemort, Snape, Lupin, I guess the list can go on and on. It could be Hagrid, just bc I'd hate if it was true. More interesting would be Snape (if he's half vamp, half wizard). But, my guess is it's either Harry or Voldemort (bc his father was muggle, his mum a wizard).

5. Dobby--Amy Pedersen totally has credit for this one. When Harry makes Dobby promise never to save his life again, Amy's pretty sure this is bad news, meaning Harry will at some point in time NEED Dobby to save his life. I think it's a good theory.

6. Dumbledore--There's this rumor going around the net that Dumbledore is Ron, meaning that some time later in the series Ron uses a time turner to go back in time and becomes Dumbledore. I think this theory is bullocks, but this site seems to think otherwise. (Click on the "Weasley is Our King" link.) There are loads of things wrong with this theory in general, not to mention that Rowling herself discounts it. But some things are salvageable. Such as, Dumbledore is able to use the chocolate frog cards as spy devices. This is supported by the way Dumbledore uses the portraits in his office. This explains why Ron and Harry get so many Dumbledore cards and also why he says in the fifth book he doesn't care what they do to him as long as they don't "take him of the choc. frog cards" blah blah blah. I like thinking about how imperfect Dumbledore is, and maybe he'll do something else horrendous that will ruin Harry's life or something.

7. Harry and Ginny--I try to deny it, but--same as the Snape thing--I keep seeing signs of it! Ron's trying for it, anyway.

8. Lilly and James--totally stoked to find out what changes James from arrogant cock to stalwart hero.

9. The centaurs--Whatever happens here should be interesting.

10. Harry's failed attempt at the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange, Voldemort's possession of Harry--Will he try it again? Will Harry be tempted by the DARK SIDE?

11. "Loony" Lovegood--At the end of Book V, she represents Harry's distance from/strength against Voldemort in that Harry feels pity for her, an emotion Dumbledore's pretty much ruled out for Voldy. She gives Harry this great answer to his desire to contact Sirius again while he's on earth. It just gives me chills when she asks him, "Didn't you hear them? Just beyond the veil?" She'll be around loads sixth book, I would think.

12. And finally, the prophecy--Harry now has it hanging over his head that he'll be either "murderer or victim" by the end of the series. Here's what I think would be cool: Vold. and Harry kill each other. Then, Harry's ressurrected for some reason so that his savior complex can be made complete. Really, though, I just see the "ressurection" thing coming hard in Book 6.
The best part about all this predicting is how I can repost in a week with all new suggestions and then laugh at myself for being so off-base.
Also, if anyone's trying to bolster thier excitement for Book 6, try checking out the trailer for Movie #4 here.

Have fun Harry-ing!

Peace.
Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home